Every woman wants to have smooth and silky hair. Short or long, curly or straight—shiny hair always gives a good impression.
The outer layer of healthy hair contains natural oil to keep it moist and shiny. When this layer is damaged, your hair will look dull, unhealthy and dry.
Soft and shiny hair takes a bit of effort. Proper hair care is the only way for both men and women to get shiny, silky and smooth hair.
Most of us use numerous branded conditioners, shampoos and serums to add a beautiful shine to our hair. But over time, these products can do more harm than good. Instead of using commercial products, you can try some simple and natural remedies to make hair smooth and shiny.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for shiny hair:
Beer works as an excellent hair tonic. The proteins (hops and malt) in beer help repair damaged hair cuticles and provide nourishment to hair follicles. This in turn adds luster and shine to your hair.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and then apply flat beer from the root to the ends.
- Massage the beer thoroughly into your scalp using circular motions.
- Allow it to sit for about five minutes and then rinse it off.
- Follow this remedy once every two weeks.
Mayonnaise has amino acids, protein and antioxidants that will make your hair strong, soft, healthy and shiny.
- Use one-half to one cup of full-fat mayonnaise, as needed for your hair length.
- Apply it on freshly washed, damp hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash your hair using cold water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy on a weekly basis to enjoy hydrated and shiny hair.
Avocado contains nutrients that will deeply moisturize and nourish your hair. This in turn will make your hair smooth and shiny. Avocado is also extremely good for dry and damaged hair.
>>>>> Vietnamese hair
- Mix one mashed ripe avocado with two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Apply this mixture on damp hair, from the roots to the ends. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Finally, rinse and shampoo your hair as usual.
- You can also mash one ripe avocado and one ripe banana together. Mix in one-half tablespoon of almond oil. Massage this paste onto your scalp and spread it all over your hair. Cover your head with a shower cap for 30 minutes or more. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and then shampoo your hair.
- Coconut Oil
To get shiny hair, it is important to provide nourishment by applying oil to your hair regularly. Coconut oil (organic and unrefined) is one of the best options. It helps restore moisture to dry and damaged hair, in turn making it shiny and healthy.
- Apply warm coconut oil on your hair, from the root to the ends. Massage for a few minutes and then wrap your hair in a shower cap or towel for at least 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water, then shampoo and condition like normal.
- Another option is to add a few curry leaves to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Heat it until warm. When cool, massage the oil gently onto the scalp and hair. Cover with a warm towel for 30 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week, depending on your hair condition.
You can also use olive oil, castor oil, or almond oil and follow the same process